AI copywriting has been around for a while – but just how much have these software tools progressed over the past few years? From apps like Grammarly and Copyscape that check grammar and plagiarism to tools like Copy.ai and Jasper that can write entire articles, AI copywriting has come a long way and is increasing in popularity every day, thanks to advances with OpenAI’s ChatGPT-4 and Bard by Google. AI copywriters use artificial intelligence to generate text and take care of the tone and format of your content to make sure your message stands out.
In short, AI-based writing assistants can streamline the writing process and improve content quality for maximum engagement.
Here’s an overview of what AI copywriting is, its benefits, how it works, what features to look for, and how much using this type of software costs.
Table of Contents
The Best AI Copywriting Software Tools for Most People
- Jasper.ai — best overall tool with support for long-form content
- Copy.ai — best tool to try AI writing (free trial, no credit card required)
- Writesonic — best pricing for casual writers and content marketers
- Copysmith — best for enterprise users (offers unlimited content option)
- Outranking.ai — most advanced AI writing tool with built-in research platform
- Bertha.ai — best for bloggers who use WordPress (built-in plugin)
- Content Bot — best option for non-profits needing a price break
Jasper (previously known as Jarvis) is an AI copywriting tool used by over 30,000 content marketers at top companies around the world, including HarperCollins, the leading book publisher. With Jasper’s new Boss Mode feature, you can quickly write original, high-quality content using simple, natural commands, and they just launched a new image generation add-on. Jasper’s Creator plan is $39/mo and includes 20,000 words per month while their Teams plan, which lets you write long-form content, starts at $99/mo for 50,000 words per month.
What we like about Jasper.ai:
- Ability to write long-form content
- Over 50 content templates
- Surfer SEO Integration (with Boss Mode)
Copy.ai is a great option for those who are unsure about AI copywriting tools since they offer a free 7-day trial (with no credit card required!). Using similar technology to Jasper (GPT-3), Copy.ai can help write everything from blog posts to sales copy and social media content. Copy.ai has a well-rounded content improver tool that helps refine your writing. Copy.ai’s paid Pro plan starts at $35/mo when billed annually, and custom packages are available for larger marketing teams, which is unique.
What we like about Copy.ai:
- Get 100 free credits when you sign up
- Simple, easy-to-use interface
- Generate copy in over 25 different languages
Writesonic can help write over 20 different types of content, including copy for Facebook Ads and Amazon Product descriptions. Writesonic offers a free trial for new users that includes a handful of free credits to try their platform. This provider offers pay-as-you-go pricing in addition to monthly subscriptions which makes it great for casual writers.
What we like about Writesonic:
- Over 5,000+ 5-star user reviews
- Offers both one-time and recurring payment options
- Create full-length blog posts in 15 seconds
Copysmith is an AI-powered writing assistant to make your content writing experience much smoother. It is designed to create content with high readability and better structure. You just need to input your content brief, and Copysmith will deliver polished content, almost ready to launch. Copysmith is unique as it offers an unlimited option, which is a good option for large companies that need help producing mass quantities of content. Copysmith starts at $19/mo but offers a free option to get started.
What we like about Copysmith:
- Built-in plagiarism checker
- Bulk generation features for content and product descriptions
- Unlimited content generation with enterprise plan
Outranking is an advanced AI-writing assistant focused on SEO that incorporates unique features not found by other tools. Outranking incorporates factual research, which is something that other writing tools struggle with. Their AI Wizard is a delight to work with – simply enter a topic and you’ll have a title and outline in under 15 minutes. Pricing starts at $129/mo.
What we like about Outranking:
- Unique software compared to others on this page
- Focused on SEO, incorporates SERP data
- Offers 7-day money-back guarantee
Bertha.ai is the first fully-integrated AI copy writing assistant for WordPress. It works with all major page builders including Elementor and Divi. Bertha was created by two well-known in the WordPress industry, Andrew Palmer and Vito Peleg, which means the WordPress integration is seamless. Bertha empowers website owners to create more effective content in less time by producing content directly in the WordPress post editor. This AI plugin has two billing options: subscriptions start at just $25/mo for 20,000 words and pay-as-you-go pricing (no subscription) is also available.
What we like about Bertha.ai:
- Built-in to the WordPress editor
- One-time payment options without recurring subscription
- Passionate founder that is active in Facebook groups
Over 40,000 marketers use ContentBot to aid their content creation process. Like other tools on this page, ContentBot uses OpenAI’s GPT-3’s natural language system to produce human-like text for blog posts and video descriptions. ContentBot is the only AI writer that we know of that offers discounts for non-profits.
What we like about Content Bot:
- Offers a pay-as-you-go pricing plan
- Built-in WordPress plugin
- Offers non-profit discounts
What is AI Copywriting Software?
In short, AI copywriting software is a “robotic” application that uses a number of technologies to automatically create content. This copy writing software allows for near-error-free content creation that resonates with your target audience using artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies to make the process faster.
These cutting-edge technologies can generate content, detect plagiarism, fix grammar mistakes, form concise sentences, improve readability, and ultimately make each post not just faultless but also engaging. For their effectiveness and accuracy, more and more brands are beginning to use these AI writing assistants.
An AI writing application is capable of writing content that goes beyond a commercial post. They can even write sentimental content like love letters. Wow!
What are the Benefits of AI Writing Software?
There are numerous benefits of machine-enabled writing tools such as AI writing software. The most significant benefits are:
- Saves time: Using the capabilities of AI, the software pulls relevant information from unlimited resources on the web (like Wikipedia). It searches farther and faster than a human ever could. For example, this software can assist you in outlining, drafting, final edits, pre-formats, tone, keyword inclusion, and plagiarism check in less than 5 minutes. That is at least 2 hours less than how long a person would take to undertake the same tasks.
- Increases productivity: Because AI writers take less time to produce and proofread content, they generate more content compared to a person. Moreover, AI writing software can work 24/7 and never needs to take a break.
- Saves money: Since these tools are often a writer and an editor in one, you spend less on hiring external and internal content writers. There will be minimal need for an editor to oversee content before publishing.
- Broad range of content: AI writing assistants learn faster which is helpful when generating all kinds of content. They can write dissertations, novels, love letters, informative ideas, witty posts, clever clickbait headlines, SEO articles, etc. With an AI writer, you can make your story as emotional or high-converting as you want.
- Has mass-market potential: You can deploy the same AI writing tool across many industries, and it will produce expert content that is relevant and informative. Human expertise is rarely that versatile.
- Beats writer’s block: Even the best content writers are not above writer’s block. Everyone deals with it, but content production will not have to suffer with AI writing software at your disposal. Artificial intelligence will generate content on your behalf. If not, it will pull from literally everywhere on the web to give endless prompts to stir inspiration.
- Fact-based: A significant factor of AI writers is that they are unbiased. Since they are fact-based, they create content around various topics without opinions.
How does AI Writing Software work?
Artificial Intelligence comprises two elements – machine learning and artificial neural networks (ANNs). AI writing tools use these same elements to work and produce and edit content.
Machine learning involves developing new learning algorithms and improvising the already existing ones. It enables the software to analyze extensive, complex data and recognize patterns, make predictions, proofread, and give better suggestions.
Artificial Neural Networks are a key tool in machine learning. They mimic the human brain by stimulating the network of neurons that make up the human brain. They use nodes for deep learning to allow sentiment testing. ANNs imitate human nature by acting with a certain degree of self-awareness. It adds a human element to automated writing, so the AI software can convince humans that it is human, too.
Initially, what was just a helping hand, now is a solid simulation of human intelligence. It can detect errors and correct them and understand writing nuances, flag overused and complex words, and even generate the entire post on its own.
Which Features Should I Look for in AI Writing Software?
When looking for an AI writing assistant, make sure you have the following features at your disposal:
- Error-free Proofreading: This alone can make or break the efficiency of an AI writing tool. This feature is essential to all writers regardless of what kind of content they are producing. For example, Evernote uses AI to collect and organize content but does not allow in-depth proofreading like Grammarly.
- Multi-language Support: The best AI apps will support multiple languages. They will let you translate already-written content. The feature comes in handy when writing emails, ads, and review responses for a foreign client or target audience.
- Anti-Plagiarism: While several AI writers exist, not all generate 100% original content. This makes it best to pick software that never plagiarizes.
- Brainstorming: AI writing software should be able to brainstorm for creative blog post ideas that are relevant to the brand’s target audience, engaging, and also high-ranking on search engines.
- Keyword Inclusion: All content serves the purpose of ranking on Google and reaching more people. This is impossible without keyword implementation. Therefore, an AI must have the skill to make content SEO-friendly. If not, SEO software integration should be possible.
- Conversion-Oriented: For brands that want to sell through content, AI designed to work towards higher conversion rates is best. For example, Jarvis uses two models to generate marketing copies – AIDA (Attention, Interest, Desire, and Action) and PAS (Problem identification, Agitation of the problem, and Solving the problem with the product).
AI Copywriting FAQ
Despite their extraordinary assistance, even the best AI copywriting software tools are affordable. Depending on the set of features offered, most cost between $10 to $120 per month.
It depends, but Jasper.ai, Copy.ai, and Writesonic are generally considered to be the best.
When looking for an AI assistant, make sure it offers multi-language support, anti-plagiarism capabilities, and is conversion-oriented.