Omnisend is an eCommerce-focused email marketing software that handles marketing automation for online businesses. It also integrates easily with more than 30 other platforms. The user interface of Omnisend is super friendly for beginners. Creating emails is a breeze with Omnisend. Even a complex setup like automation seems can be implemented with ease. It has a drag-and-drop editor to design or customize your automation workflows. Omnisend has a free plan which offers all the basic features needed for marketing. If you need more, their standard plan starts from $16 per month.
Though Omnisend focuses on email marketing, it is an omnichannel platform that does SMS and web push marketing. Their marketing automation features are impressive. Let’s take a look!
Creating exotic emails is now a few clicks away with Omnisend. You just need to select the suitable template for your business and customize it however you want. That is highly beneficial for businesses that don’t have in-house designers or find it costly to hire freelancers.
- Drag and drop email builder – No need for hours of coding or editing to create stunning email marketing campaigns with Omnisend. You can use the drag-and-drop email builder to design whatever you want. All content blocks within the email are dynamic, so you can save the customized template for later.
- Campaign targeting – The capability of targeting the right group of audiences increases the conversion rate a lot. With Omnisend, your conversion rate will climb higher than 60% with its intelligent targeting. The tool will analyze customer data to group the audience and target the right group for your campaigns.
- Campaign optimization – Just creating and sending a campaign isn’t enough to boost sales. You need to test various forms of campaigns to find out which works the best. The A/B testing feature of Omnisend allows you to do that to gain better conversion.
Getting SMS marketing features within your email marketing platform is a great plus. With Omnisend, you don’t need to spend on any additional tools to do SMS marketing.
- SMS automation – Besides emails in your automation workflows, you can now add SMS to ensure omnichannel messaging for better conversion. For example, you can add SMS to your abandoned cart or shipping information workflows. You can also improve the relationship with customers by sending them wishes on special occasions.
- SMS for campaigns – Be it a flash sale campaign or a more continuous campaign, you can integrate SMS into workflows to reach your audience better. Setting up SMS campaigns is absolutely easy in Omnisend.
- Global audience capabilities – Even if you are a large online business with customers all over the world, you can use Omnisend to send SMS to your customers. It supports all country codes for SMS, so sending text messages is just a few clicks away.
Omnisend makes the tedious job of marketing automation a breeze. It has all the necessary workflows pre-built so that you can start using them right away. And you can combine multiple channels in the workflow by just dragging and dropping them. That’s an absolute pleasure for beginners who understand visuals the most.
- Pre-built workflows – You will get different readymade workflows, such as welcome messages, product abandonment, cart abandonment, order confirmation, shipping confirmation, etc. With these workflows, you don’t need to create reminders over and over again.
- Automation splits – Even the same workflow can be split into different channels to see which works better. You can also use A/B testing to see which workflow brings a better result. And then use that data to make future workflows to boost conversion.
- Personalization and integrations – Cross-sells increase a lot when you get more personal with your customers. For example, you need to remember their product choices, search filters, etc., to offer them related products in the future. With Omnisend, a personalized recommendation is super easy, and it may lead your customers to buy the product you offer. It also integrates with most eCommerce platforms so that you integrate all the necessary information for your email campaigns.
Dividing the audience into specific groups and targeting the right group for your campaigns is the key to success. Handling segmentation is probably the easiest on Omnisend. You don’t need any technical knowledge about segmentation to choose the right group of audiences.
- Intuitive segment builder – As we have already stated, segmentation is super easy here. You can apply multiple rules or filters to choose the right group of audience for your campaigns. And saving different segments for future use keep you from doing the same job over and over again.
- Segments based on different behavior – You can target different types of customers based on their shopping behavior, engagement, lifecycle, and many more. This allows you to send more personalized campaigns to customers to boost the conversion rate. And you can easily identify the most valuable customers by analyzing their shopping history, average order value, etc.
- Real-time segment update – Once you set up a segment, you don’t need to update the contact list manually. Omnisend will automatically update those segments for you so that your next email or SMS goes to the right segment of the audience.
Web Push Notifications
Retargeting your customers becomes more manageable with efficient web push notifications. Push notifications also have a better conversion rate as your targeted customers are already in the browser.
- Automated push notifications – You can add push notifications to your automated workflows to make them even more effective. Push notifications can be added for different triggers, such as cart abandonment, browse abandonment, transactional messages, etc.
- Promotional push notifications – Push notifications can also be targeted to the right audience segment so that they find these notifications relevant. Promotional notifications can be a great way to boost flash sales.
This is another strong feature of Omnisend. It will provide you with actionable insights so that you can have better control over the business. From easy-to-use sales dashboards to detailed performance reports, everything will be before your eyes.
And you will get advanced reports to monitor all the performance metrics.
Pros & Cons of Omnisend
Omnisend offers an impressive feature set, but that doesn’t mean there are drawbacks to the platform. Here are the Pros & Cons:
- Intuitive email and workflow builder
- Visual automation editor
- No coding required
- Flexible pricing plans
- The free plan offers great features
- Integration with various platforms
- Advanced reporting and analysis
- A/B testing
- Limited web push notifications in the free tier
- No phone support
Omnisend Plans & Pricing
Omnisend offers a free plan so that you can explore its features. And when you upgrade, the cost starts at $16 per month.
- Free – reach up to 250 contacts, and send up to 500 emails and web push notifications per month. Includes professional email templates, pre-built automation, and customer support via email.
- Standard – starting at $16/mo – sends up to 1.8 million emails per month with unlimited web push notifications. Includes support via live chat and email, along with an Account Manager depending on your monthly spend.
- Pro – starting at $59/mo – reach up to 150,000 people per month with unlimited emails and push notifications. Includes advanced reporting and 24/7 priority support with access to a dedicated Account Manager.
Summary & Our Recommendation
Omnisend is a rich marketing automation tool that offers email marketing, SMS marketing, segmentation, marketing automation, reporting, and many more features that help businesses grow online and offline. With its drag-and-drop editor and a rich collection of templates, you can turn your imagination into stunning emails or workflows to better manage your eCommerce shop. Omnisend offers a free plan, which is perfect for businesses that are just starting out. And once you start growing, their paid plans start at $16 per month (based on the number of your subscribers).