ConvertKit is a creator-friendly email marketing platform that comes with an easy-to-use landing page builder. Besides regular email marketing services, you can also automate your email marketing campaigns with this tool. And those campaigns can be designed visually without knowing any codes. ConvertKit has many third-party integrations and an attractive price point, but are the features good enough to support your growing business? Let’s dive into our ConvertKit review!
Let’s dive into the most exciting features of ConvertKit!
Having an efficient email marketing tool is a must for creators, and this is where ConvertKit excels. You can spend less time on marketing with this tool, as they make it easy and fast to create emails. You can choose from a wide variety of email templates to match your brand. If you need more, their email designer tool lets you make your emails your own. It lets you write plain text and then format it without being overwhelmed. An in-line formatting bar appears whenever you need it and contains all the necessary options for formatting your emails. Adding necessary images is also easy, as the images you frequently use will be stored in your image library. You can also add clickable CTA buttons to redirect your audiences to your landing pages or shop.
Visual Automations Builder
Automation can be fun, especially when you have ConvertKit by your side. It has a visual automation builder that lets you create powerful, automated funnels to send targeted emails to your subscribers.
- Customer Journey Paths – Setting up rules is pretty straightforward, and ConvertKit will handle the rest. It can automatically send targeted content to the right audience depending on where they move across your created path or what action they take. And you can always take a closer look at what is happening in different steps of your funnels. Getting actionable insights on the movement of your subscribers will let you segment them more effectively.
- Seamless Editing – You can edit any email within the workflow. So, forget to open multiple tabs to edit one email and slow yourself down while creating great content.
Eye-catching landing pages are only a few clicks away with ConvertKit. They include a rich collection of templates to build intriguing landing pages for your audience. Whether you have any previous experience designing landing pages or not, you can create them quickly with ConvertKit.
- Email Sign-Up Forms – Signing up for your email list is easy with ConvertKit’s minimalist sign-up form. You won’t spend hours figuring out how to create a usable, attractive form from scratch; you can use one of their templates and customize it according to your needs! The designs offered are fully responsive so they’ll look great on any device or browser – even mobile ones like smartphones and tablets.
- Landing Page Templates – ConvertKit has a large library of templates for your landing pages. Industry experts have designed these templates to be attractive. If you want to add your personal touch to these templates, the customization options are unlimited. Editing options for your landing pages are very intuitive. So, even beginners can create a beautiful landing page with ConvertKit.
When most other email marketing tools let you just create sales funnels to direct your audience to another website, you can actually sell digital products directly on this platform. That’s a compelling feature of ConvertKit, at least, in our opinion.
- Sell Products Directly with ConvertKit – It is essential to build trust with your audience if you want to monetize. Redirecting audiences to another website can lower your conversion rate. With Convert Kit, you can easily add products to your email or landing page in a few clicks. Simply add the product’s details and price, and customize the page accordingly. Then, you can embed it in your email campaigns so your audience can quickly purchase.
- Built-in Reporting – ConvertKit offers detailed analytics of necessary metrics and organizes them into reports which will help you make more informed decisions about your digital business.
As mentioned, you can sell directly with ConvertKit, but if you already have an audience on other platforms, third-party integrations can be really helpful! ConvertKit offers an impressive list of integrations to make your life easier.
- Teachable – this is a popular platform to build and sell online courses, and ConvertKit is able to integrate directly with Teachable. For example, when someone purchases your course, you can automatically sync with ConvertKit, so you can market other offers to them in the future.
- Shopify – is one of the most popular platforms for selling products online. Similar to Teachable, you can integrate your Shopify store with ConvertKit to take advantage of advanced marketing tools.
- eWebinar – This is a popular tool for hosting webinars. To improve your post-webinar marketing, you can integrate it with ConvertKit. All leads collected from your webinar will then be saved to your ConvertKit list.
- Monday.com – You can integrate your monday.com account with ConverKit to improve your marketing, sales, and CRM. It will take only a few clicks to connect these two platforms.
- Zapier – If a specific platform integration isn’t available, ConvertKit’s Zapier integration can save the day! Zapier lets you integrate your ConvertKit account with over 5,000 different apps.
Pros & Cons of ConvertKit
Though ConvertKit provides a lot of features, it does have some drawbacks. Take a quick look at the pros and cons of ConvertKit.
- Creator-focused platform
- Offers free plan to try without commitment
- Visual automation builder to create workflows
- Easily create and host landing pages
- Advanced tagging system to add, remove, and organize subscribers
- High pricing for large audiences
- Free templates are mainly text-based
ConvertKit Plans & Pricing
ConvertKit offers three different plans, with different features depending on your needs.
- Free – create unlimited landing pages, forms, and broadcasts. Send emails to up to 300 subscribers. Includes tagging and segmentation features.
- Creator – starting at $9/mo – includes all features of the free plan, along with free migration, support via live chat and email, and visual automation building. Supports third-party integrations and one additional team member.
- Creator Pro – starting at $25/mo – includes all features of the Creator plan, along with unlimited team members, a newsletter referral system to help with growth, subscriber scoring, and advanced reporting.
Summary & Our Recommendation
As a creator, ConvertKit packs almost all the necessary features to handle your email marketing, and more thanks to its landing page builder, visual automation builder, and built-in reporting. We really like its simple and intuitive interface. It also has an impressive list of third-party integrations to help automate your business. ConvertKit offers a free plan which is an excellent way to check out its features without a commitment. And when you’re ready to upgrade, its pricing is affordable, starting at just $9/mo.