Every Twitter user has the ability to upload a custom header image to their profile page. This is also known as a banner. A custom Twitter header is a great opportunity for your brand to showcase what makes your organization unique.
The recommended Twitter header size is 1500px by 500px.
How To Customize Your Twitter Header Photo
- Sign in to Twitter by visiting twitter.com on your computer or by opening the Twitter app on your mobile device
- Go to your profile and click the Edit profile button
- Tap the area to edit your banner
- Click the camera icon and select Upload Photo
- Click Save
Ta-da! You’ve successfully customized your Twitter header! 🎉
Best Practices for Custom Twitter Headers
- Use Canva or Adobe Photoshop to create a banner with the precise recommended dimensions
- Use minimal text in your Twitter banner, as it may get distorted on different devices
- Keep your banner file size under 2MB
The recommended Twitter banner size is 1500px by 500px.
Twitter supports JPG, GIF, or PNG formats for banner/header images. Animated GIFs are not currently supported.